Expand my Community achievements bar.

Outlook Email Distribution list link to Workfront

Level 1

Hi WF users! Hope you can give some insights if there is a way to link an Outlook Email Distribution List to Workfront. I know how teams works in WF, but updating the list every time there's is a new joiner can be hard to track. SO it will be helpful if outlook distribution list gets updated with new joiners, WF list will be updated as well. Anyone have tried this before? Thank you for your answers! 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi there,

I have few thoughts around this:

1. if you have fusion available there may be a way to sync users between d-list and workfront team - tbc on microsoft page 
  2. if the above is not possible, my 2nd idea would be to setup a dummy user with email address of the d-list.
    This has potential to work, but only if d-list allows receiving external email (I think I faced once such challenge in the past and I learned that not everyone can freely email a d-list from everywhere, which makes sense, because d-lists are usually meant to be used within certain organization)
  3. making someone else a team owner (instead of admin, assuming you are a one) and ask them to control it?

Hope this helps