Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Project Reports for PMs: How can I show who was assigned as Creative Lead?

Level 4

Hello all, I currently provide a report for each Project Manager showing all their current projects, listing project name, description, start date, due date, %complete, and status. They are requesting to also see who is assigned to each project in the role of Creative Lead on this report. It seemed like something very easy to do, but when I try to add a column for this, I can't find the criteria that would return the assigned Creative Lead for each project. Any ideas? Thank you, James

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

This requires a text mode using collections.

I reworked an example I used on a different report.

displayname=Creative Lead

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Creative Lead",{user}.{role}.{name}),{user}.{name})

valueformat=HTML

This will work if the first paramter in Contains() matches the name of the role you're assigning

Some improvements that could be made...

use the projectUserRoles collections (found in the API Explorer: Project -> Collections) - which would change the fields in bold to...

listmethod=nested(projectUserRoles).lists

valueExpression=IF({user}.{role}.{ID} = "ID_OF_CREATIVE_LEAD_ROLE",{user}.{name})

Collections are a little funky to deal with.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 2

This requires a text mode using collections.

I reworked an example I used on a different report.

displayname=Creative Lead

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(projectUsers).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF(CONTAINS("Creative Lead",{user}.{role}.{name}),{user}.{name})

valueformat=HTML

This will work if the first paramter in Contains() matches the name of the role you're assigning

Some improvements that could be made...

use the projectUserRoles collections (found in the API Explorer: Project -> Collections) - which would change the fields in bold to...

listmethod=nested(projectUserRoles).lists

valueExpression=IF({user}.{role}.{ID} = "ID_OF_CREATIVE_LEAD_ROLE",{user}.{name})

Collections are a little funky to deal with.

Level 2

I went and tweaked my old example:

The "improvement" looks something like this:

valueexpression=IF({role}.{ID} = "5d9d319f014448e648df203e89cffe81",{user}.{name})

you can find the ID of the role by adding it as a column on the view in the roles list in the admin setup menu.

Level 4

Thanks so much Connor! I haven't done much with text mode yet (it's on my list to get up to speed on), but this worked.

Level 10

I use Project form fields to designate creative lead, scientific lead, D2D lead, etc. This way the PM can assign anyone they want regardless of Role. Reporting is easy when it's a form field too.

Level 4

That's a good point Randy, and something to consider. Definitely easier to report on items that are on a form. Thanks, James