Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Project Report w/tasks

Level 4

Project report - is there a way to start combining 'tasks' into a project report? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi! I recently added tasks that were coming up for the next 6 weeks in to a project report using someone else's amazing text mode code I found in the community.

Add in a new column to the report, switch to text mode and then drop in the below text mode. This can be tweaked to fit your needs.

TASKS=6 weeks ahead
displayname=Upcoming Tasks - 6 Week View
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({plannedCompletionDate}>$$TODAY+1d && {plannedCompletionDate}<$$TODAY+6w,IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate},": (",{name}," | ", {assignedTo},")"))))
valueformat=HTML
width=300

The only thing I have not been able to figure out yet is if the tasks can be in order by due dates, but having this one stop shop report has been a game changer with this new column.

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 11.56.21 AM.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hi! I recently added tasks that were coming up for the next 6 weeks in to a project report using someone else's amazing text mode code I found in the community.

Add in a new column to the report, switch to text mode and then drop in the below text mode. This can be tweaked to fit your needs.

TASKS=6 weeks ahead
displayname=Upcoming Tasks - 6 Week View
listdelimiter=<div>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({plannedCompletionDate}>$$TODAY+1d && {plannedCompletionDate}<$$TODAY+6w,IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),CONCAT({plannedCompletionDate},": (",{name}," | ", {assignedTo},")"))))
valueformat=HTML
width=300

The only thing I have not been able to figure out yet is if the tasks can be in order by due dates, but having this one stop shop report has been a game changer with this new column.

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 11.56.21 AM.png

Level 2

This is great! Do you know if there is a way to show when the task is due? Not when it should be started?

Also if there a way to show the due date even if the date has passed?

Level 8

I also recently did the below in a project report.

This column is comparing multiple like tasks on a project and looking to see if the task has been completed or not.

Here is the code I used:

displayname=Assign XYZ Task(s) Status - Already Completed (Checkmark) and Not Completed (Green Dot)
listdelimiter=<div>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({name}="XYZ Task Name",IF(CONTAINS("CPL",{status}), CONCAT("✔ ",{actualCompletionDate}, " | ", {assignedTo}),CONCAT("🟢 ",{plannedCompletionDate}, " | ", {assignedTo}),CONCAT("")))
valueformat=HTML

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 12.08.33 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 12.08.49 PM.png

Level 8

Last one 

One of our team's wanted to know the current task(s) that is ready to be worked on.

Here is the text mode code I used:

displayname=Current Task
listdelimiter=<div>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IF(ISBLANK({actualCompletionDate}),CONCAT({name}," "),"")))
valueformat=HTML
width=300

Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 12.15.44 PM.png

Community Advisor

Kiersten gives some options below with text mode, but in general you just need to create a task report, not a project report. You can group the tasks by project, and/or show the project name in a column of your report. In your filters you can choose to indicate what projects you want to pull tasks from, people assigned to the task, due date, etc.

If this helped you out, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

Agree with both observations above. You can do a task report and group by project name or you can use text mode to pull tasks into a column on a project report.