Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project report listing issues by task name

Level 1

Hi!  We're building a 'project finder' report to allow employees to search by any known value in order to get more info about the projects associated with those values.  We have deliverables identified by barcodes, but those issues are associated with a templated task, and I'd like to have a column that lists all issues on that task (not the entire project) to allow for search...i.e. someone knows the barcode, and can search to find what project it's on, who was assigned, when it was delivered, etc.

We can report ALL issues in the column with the below text mode:
displayname=Barcodes
listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(issues).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=CONCAT({name})
valueformat=HTML

I'm trying to narrow that to issues on a task called "Editorial", but the coding I have isn't working:

displayname=Barcodes TEST
listdelimiter=
listmethod=nested(issues).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({task}.{name}="Editorial",CONCAT({issue.name}))
valueformat=HTML

Anyone have an idea of where the code is going wrong?  Thanks in advance!

Scott

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

What kind of report are you running? Issue, Task, or Project?

Level 1

Project report.  Sorry.  Thought I had specified.

Community Advisor

I'm not sure there is a way to get issues on a task to display on a project report. Since the issues on a task are a collection to the task and not the project. 

Would this work if you ran a Task report instead? If you run a task report the issues tied to them will display with a collection column, you just need to change the verbiage for "issues" to "opTask" instead.

listmethod=nested(opTasks).lists

Level 1

Thanks, Kellie!  That was what I was most afraid of.  We thought about doing it as a task report, but we'd lose some of the critical reporting functionality that the project-level report provides.

We may just be stuck with listing all issues in a project to keep the small number of issues needed searchable.

Any thoughts on a way to shorten or collapse a collection of issues in a column to sub-brain-melting lengths?  

Thanks!