Expand my Community achievements bar.

Project Count Report by Job Role

Level 2

I am wanting to create a report that displays for me project count by job role by program. Is this possible? I want to be able to group by the program and by the job role and display a project count by job role on a chart.

Thanks, 

Brenda

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you specify? A project itself isn't associated with a job role, so are you looking to see all roles associated with tasks in projects grouped by role then program?

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

I currently have a chart that displays the Job Role Name on the y axis, Record Count on the x axis and then it is grouped by program. In screenshot I have shared, the colors signify a specific program. Instead of the record count being the number of tasks a job role is assigned to, is there a way to show, for example, how many projects within a program a designer is assigned to?

Community Advisor

This is the only thing I can think of, and unfortunately you won't be able to get it in a chart bc it involves text mode in the groupings. Try an ASSIGNMENT report, and add the job roles you're looking for, like designer, in the filters and anything else, like project entry date:

Madalyn_Destafney_0-1722865096503.png

Then in groupings, you can group by program then project. Collapse both groupings so you can more easily count how many projects have assignments with that role. Text mode for collapsed groupings and grouping by program then project. You need text mode bc you can't natively group an assignment report by program, it's too many jumps.

group.0.iscollapsed=true
group.0.linkedname=program
group.0.name=
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=program
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.0.valuefield=project:program:name
group.0.valueformat=string
group.1.iscollapsed=true
group.1.linkedname=project
group.1.name=
group.1.namekeyargkey.0=project
group.1.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.1.valuefield=project:name
group.1.valueformat=string
textmode=true

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

My bad, I'm sorry. It's not actually by program. This should have said: I currently have a chart that displays the Job Role Name on the y axis, Record Count on the x axis and then it is grouped by their selection to a dropdown in the custom form. In the screenshot I have shared, the colors signify their selection to the custom form question/dropdown. Instead of the record count being the number of tasks a job role is assigned to, is there a way to show how many projects fall within each category (response selection from a dropdown within the custom form) a designer is assigned to?