Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Project Count in Program Report

Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to create a report where I can get a count of all projects on a program.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Community Advisor

I'm hoping someone had been able to figure out the text mode for this column. @Shraddha Khedkar‚ and I are currently working on a Program Report and instead of showing the collection of Project Names, we would simply like to show the Project Count. I know we can reference task count in project reports so hoping to reference project count in program reports.

It would also be great if there's a way for the count to SUM when grouped but not necessary.

And yes, this has to stay as a Program Report for other functional purposes.

Level 10

Hi @Shraddha Khedkar‚

May be can try to create a project report, add Program Name in grouping. Also, can add company and project status type in filter.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 10

Hi @Monique Evans‚,

I'd suggest you use the DCNT function, as we did in a similar challenge to count Users on Projects, and resulted in the User Project Count package, which I invite you to deploy to your own environment as an example.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

Thanks Doug. I'll dig into this solution and see what magic we can make happen. Really was hoping for a quick text mode code we could drop in, or a program calc field. Hopefully Reporting 2.0 can easily solve this

Level 7

Hi @Monique Evans‚

I was curious if you ever found a solution to getting the count of projects in a program. I was just creating a program report where I want to show the count of projects.

And next step to show how many non-closed projects are in the program.

It's for a program clean-up report to help know which programs can be deactivated because all of the projects are closed.

Level 2

Hi @SarahWilkersonCA , I'm looking to create a report just like you described, were all the projects in the Program are closed so the program can be closed, did you figure this out?

Thanks 

Lori

Community Advisor

Hey Sarah! Unfortunately, not yet. I have hope that the DCNT function could work but haven't had a chance to figure it out just yet. I was hoping that new reporting would be further along and could use that to solve.

Level 7

@Monique Evans‚,

Yup! I'm holding off on a lot of crazy reporting workarounds & set up in hope that the new reporting will be magical.