Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Printing Dashboard Embedded in Project

Level 3
I have been working on building a standard Project Status dashboard to report project status in a uniform way across our projects. I built the dashboard with the intention of placing it on our standard project template, so every project will have this dashboard. As such, the reports don't have a filter to bring in only a specific project; by placing the dashboard on the project it automatically does that filtering. My issue is I can't figure out how to export this whole dashboard cleanly from the embedded project tab. The idea was to give the PMs an easy and standard way to report to project teams using WF data without directing the teams into the tool. Its easy to print a dashboard when you are at the dashboard, but not when its a project tab. Help! Alison Angilletta PMP Enterprise Portfolio Manager RWJBarnabas Health
8 Replies

Level 10
Will it help if you print it with just your Browser print option?

Level 3
We did try the browser print option, but its not as clean. Report data is split from titles. Not all the data fits on the print screen. Definitely not as nice as the usual dashboard print. The nicest looking solution we've found so far is using a snipping tool Alison Angilletta PMP Enterprise Portfolio Manager RWJBarnabas Health

Level 7
Hi Alison, That would make a great idea for the idea exchange. Currently the only way to export or print the dashboard is to be on the dashboard itself. One thing you could consider doing is adding a prompt to the report(s) and adding in project name as the prompt. Then, your PM's can go to the project, copy the name, open the dashboard itself, and enter the project name. It's an extra step for your users, but the formatting would then be correct. *Note, when you add the prompt, you need to ensure there's a check for the "Show prompts on dashboard" box. Thanks, Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 9
This idea has been submitted to the Idea Exchange and has been Planned: https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/115004120393-Able-to-export-Dashboards-in-pdf SARA ROTHKOPF Marriott International

Level 3
Thanks Sara! So glad its in the works! Alison Angilletta PMP Enterprise Portfolio Manager RWJBarnabas Health

Level 3
I know this is an older subject. The archived community site indicated this should be available mid 2019. Anyone have any updates to timing? Patricia Greene JLL

Level 9
I haven't heard anything about it. There's a Roadmap webinar today at 11am Eastern- tune in and maybe they'll address it...or you can ask a question if they don't. Anthony Pernice Healthcare Consultancy Group

Level 3
Thanks Anthony, This is the response I received on the roadmap webinar today... Thanks for the question, Patricia. That is on our roadmap but no ETA yet. Patricia Greene JLL