Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Creating a custom column in a project report that displays all active parent tasks

Level 1

Hi All,

I'm trying to create a custom column on a project report that will display all active parent tasks in a project, along with the % complete. How would I go about creating a text code that would generate this for me?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have several project reports that do variations of this. I call them hot sheets. You can play around with this if you'd like.

displayname=Parent Tasks
listdelimiter=<div>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({percentComplete}<100 && {canStart}="true" && {numberOfChildren}>0,CONCAT({name}," | ",CONCAT({percentComplete},"%")," | ",{plannedCompletionDate}," | ",{progressStatus}))
valueformat=HTML

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 5

Any reason you can't do this as a Task-Level Report and then just group by Project? It would be very simple as a Task-Level report (no Text-Mode needed).

Level 1

Its really a preference for the team.  I would prefer to do it the normal way, but I wanted to see if it was possible to do it in a task report maybe using nesting text or something.

Level 5

Give this a try (on a Task report). This should build a bulleted list of any tasks that have a status of In Progress and have at least 1 child task. The list will show the name of the task and the % complete of that task.

displayname=Parent Task - % Complete
linkedname=tasks
listdelimiter=<div>
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}>=1,IF({status}="INP",CONCAT(" • ",{name}," - ",{percentComplete},"%"),""),"")
valueformat=HTML

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I have several project reports that do variations of this. I call them hot sheets. You can play around with this if you'd like.

displayname=Parent Tasks
listdelimiter=<div>
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({percentComplete}<100 && {canStart}="true" && {numberOfChildren}>0,CONCAT({name}," | ",CONCAT({percentComplete},"%")," | ",{plannedCompletionDate}," | ",{progressStatus}))
valueformat=HTML

Level 1

Thanks! this helped out a lot. Going to change the progress status to display words instead of status initials.