Expand my Community achievements bar.

Please Allow Me To Introduce Myself. Again.

Level 10

Hello Workfronters!

Now that we've all migrated from one.workfront.com to experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com, I've noticed it's tough to @ tag folks because all of our usernames were automatically squished using a formula into something unique, but unfamiliar.

So! With a nod to Motorhead for providing this energetic background track to listen to while you do so, I invite you to:

• Update your username to something obvious, to make it easier to find you on an @ tag
  • Click your photo (top right) > My Community Profile > click and Update your photo
  • Leave a comment below with both now intact, turning this post into a "welcome back" registry

Regards,

Doug

note to self: @Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore and @jon_chen (whose I've now rememorized)

10 Replies

Level 5

Welcome back Doug! Always glad to see your input on these threads

And thank YOU, Random Citizen: an excellent example to prove my point!

I look forward to reconnecting and addressing you properly once you've run through the above.

Regards,

Doug

Community Advisor

it seems really weird that adobe forums don't have some sort of "preferred name" field that defaults to your first and last name -- but can be changed if needed -- and can be referenced through a tag. I personally feel a bit disconnected and distanced from the posts if I can't put a professional name to them. It's quite different responding to Doug Den Hoed, as opposed to ddh_36278 (and also easier to remember and build a relationship with over time to the former as opposed to the latter)

Spot on, @skyehansen. Full, recognizable names improve searching, conversation, and engagement. Hence this homework.

Regards,

Doug  

Community Advisor

Agreed, I've struggled to search for a couple people.

Community Advisor

Just realized I liked your post, but never replied, so hi there! Trying to get back into the community swing of things, but this ExL migration has been really weird 

No worries, and nice to see you again Sheri -- thanks for playing!

Regards

Doug

My pleasure, and thanks for playing, @Lyndsy-Denk; or should I say…(dramatic spotlight) Lyndsy!!!

Regards,

Doub

Level 10

Hi folks,

Fyi, here is a quick cheat-sheet showing how you can update your (cryptic) username within Experience League (e.g. to your real name).

Regards,

Doug

Update your user name and I'll address you accordingly

Like my post and I'll look for opportunities to do likewise 

Mark my post as Best Answer and I'll keep answering

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1664350437350.png