Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Percent Complete based on Logged Hours

Level 1
Is there a way to get the % Complete for tasks, their parents, children and projects to be calculated based on hours logged? We have multiple projects, etc. that are showing up as 0% complete with work having been logged by the users. The only time I'm able to get the % complete to update (other than doing so manually) is to put in an "Actual Completion Date" which changes it from 0% to 100%.
7 Replies

Level 10
We created a custom attribute that calculates the ratio of actual hours / planned hours. That presumes that charging time to the task indicates linear progress towards completing the deliverable. If/When they charge more hours than planned, your percent complete will be greater than 100%. Here is what our formula looks like: [cid:image001.png@01D238EE.FAF04D30]h ‚ò∫

Level 1
Lucas Is that in a report or is it part of the API? I'm wanting the projects and tasks to show the percentage complete based on the logged hours (so that when looking at a project or task anyone can see how far along the project is)- I'm not wanting a report.

Level 10
Hi - I created a custom calculated attribute on a custom form attached to all the tasks. This is not a field in a report and not related to APIs in any way. Here is a bigger screenshot: [cid:image001.png@01D238FD.4527E710]

Level 4
This has been a traditional challenge with a lot of project management platforms through the ages. Workfront's central mantra is that it empowers the users to update their % Completes on Tasks as they work on them. However, if you have a scenario where you only what to show the earlier mentioned "linear" hours-to-percent relationship or you have users that don't want to update their progress, then the Project Manager/Project Owner is usually the one left making those updates.

Level 2
I am SUPER interested in this. It's something we've been wanting for a while. Unfortunately, nothing is showing with the screenshot you provided...

Level 10
Hi: If you view the post online, it has stored that screenshot. You can bring it up from the Community website (Click here: View post online< ">https://community.workfront.com/p/fo/st/post=4496&anc=p4496#p4496> ) Eric

Level 2
Ahhhh yes. Not sure why I couldn't find that before. Thanks!