Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Dashboard Report > How to filter & group returned results by Project Status

Level 5
Within our PMO Team Dashboard, we would like to update one of our reports which pulls forward a list of our Project Status Report dashboards configured for each project. I am trying to add in a filter & grouping on this report by the project Status field. Attached is a sample of the report I am attempting to modify. Looking forward to hearing back from participants in this group with any ideas you might have to help me get there on this report.
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Heather, I don't think this is possible. If I'm understanding this correctly, this is a Report report (or a Dashboard report). Reports and dashhboards are not tied to a project directly so there isn't really a way to reference the Project Status of the report. :( Although, I'm happy to have someone prove me wrong. ;)

Level 10
Hi Heather. Have you tried editing your report to Grouping by Project Status, and/or adding a Prompt (under the top right menu in edit mode) by Project Status (with Show On Dashboard = true), so users can choose what they're interested in when the dashboard first renders? Regards, Doug

Level 5
Doug, thank you for the idea on trying a report prompt. Had previously attempted the Grouping idea myself with no luck and unfortunately it doesn"t look like there is a way to get to the end result using a Prompt either. In Report Prompts when I type in status, the only look up results returned are Last Updated By > Status Update, Linked Users > Status Update or User > Status Update. Same is true when I attempt this on the Groupings tag. I think Anthony may be right that this may not be possible since Reports > Reports or Dashboards aren"t tied to a project directly so it can"t reference back to a Project Status.0690z000007ZkPsAAK.png

Level 10
Ah; right you (and Anthony) are, Heather -- that's too many hops away from the Hour object for the Prompt. Sorry to get your hops [sic] up. Regards, Doug