Expand my Community achievements bar.

Other than flagging a task as critical in the project plan. Does WF track Critical Path?

Level 2
Other than flagging a task as critical in the project plan. Does WF track Critical Path?
4 Replies

Level 5
Yes. Workfront does track the critical path in your project, based on the usual criteria (the critical path is calculated using the longest path of planned activities to the end of the project). In fact, the critical path is a default filter in a task list, and there is an icon that will indicate the task as part of the critical path. There is also a critical path indicator in the gantt view, which will put a red line on critical path tasks.

Level 2
Marty: Thanks for your reply. What I am looking for and hoping to see is a Critical Path report to be able to present in a status report. Similar to the Network Diagram chart in MS Projects. If you have time, perhaps we can talk live? Thanks, Jim McMahan

Level 10
Hi Jim - Did you ever get all the answers you need? What do you need to know about Critical Path that you don't know? Thanks, Eric

Level 2
This is exactly what I am looking for... in fact, one of my stakeholders today asked me to send him the Network Diagram for our project. Were you able to find a solution? Also, I wasn't aware of a way to flag tasks as critical. I look forward to testing that out on this project too. Darcie Hughes Northeastern University