Expand my Community achievements bar.

One place for all the Text Mode codes and explanations...

Level 2

Maybe I am blind... I can't seem to find what I am looking for. My most pressing need is to understand the different List Delimiters that are available and the use of each one. Which lead me to the path of why can't I find an explanation of all the different lines in a typical text mode column, filter, grouping, etc. I am sure it exists but I can't find it. If someone knows the location of this magic unicorn please share!!! :)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi Tammy,

I'm not aware of a formal reference, but I've listed a few of my favorites below, which I invite you try across 4 sample columns so you can see the differences.

Regards,

Doug

listdelimiter=<br>

or

listdelimiter=&#xfeff;

or

listdelimiter=<div>

or

listdelimiter=<div style="border-color:#e2e2e2; border-style:solid; border-width:1px; background-color:#f3f3f3; border-radius:5px; margin-top: 3px; padding-left:5px; padding-top:4px; padding-bottom:4px; font-size:12px">

Community Advisor

hey Tammy,

You mentioned you wanted to know what each line means in textmode, and I found this article helpful:

https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe...

Workfront provided a short section and recommendation on listdelimiters here: https://one.workfront.com/s/document-item?bundleId=the-new-workfront-experience&topicId=Content%2FRe... (you can just search on the word to find it within the longer article)

Level 2
Thank you! Why I couldn’t find that earlier is beyond me. Why the code is not working for me but does for another user is now the question. üòä Nothing like beating your head against the wall.

Community Advisor

yeah. I do tend to find that the best way to find something while searching is to already know what you're looking for, which is not super helpful for the beginners...

That said, the help articles are [in general] great, so I encourage you to stick with it as well as use the megaphone icon on an article to give feedback when an article is less than stellar. I can tell you from experience they'll address that feedback.

For these two, I think I went with searching for "textmode" and "delimiter" and further filtering down to just the documentation and ignoring the posts. @Jonathan Chen‚ may be able to give more pointers or there might be a help article on how to search help articles.

Level 10

Unfortunately, the documentation is pretty sparse and the knowledge is held mostly in the hands of users (like Doug and Skye, etc.). Most of your free coding languages have way better documentation. I hear they're working on it but that was a while ago. Perhaps someone from WF can give us an update.