Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Oldie but goodie: exporting custom form data and custom field picklists

Level 6

We are going through an internal audit and we have been asked to provide the information on a lengthy custom form with document publishing metadata.

I've read through many questions like this in the community, but I still cannot find anything within the tool to either the hundreds of fields in the form, nevermind the pick lists of those fields.

If anyone has any insights or links I'm missing, would appreciate it. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To be honest, for a quick and dirty list, I would just go with a parameter report. 

1) Use this post to get the field picklists:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/would-like-to-have-a-parameter-...

2) Add a column for Parameter Forms -- this is in the UI so there's no need for text mode.

3) Download all your parameters to Excel, and then filter in excel for whatever your form is.

You can also pursue whether it is possible to get an EXISTS statement maybe linking off the category parameter -- if you have remote consulting hours, this is a great option that saves a lot of thrashing around.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

Hi @Ryan_McGee,

In addition to some textmode tips about custom form definitions and parameter option collections, I'd invite you to consider using:

• Our Excel Updater Generator solution's textmode output (as described here) to quickly create a view or report of all such custom parameters in a particular form, for easy filtering/prompting/exporting, and/or
  • Our Update Category Generator solution's Excel output, which documents the all of the Parameter Sections, Parameters, and Parameter values in a given Custom form, and/or
  • Our Report Custom Forms and Parameters solution's Excel output, which automatically enumerates your Workfront Custom Forms and Parameters into an Excel spreadsheet that you can use for clean-up, maintenance planning, and backup documentation (see below)

Each takes only a few seconds to run, noting that the first two are free, and the third one is inexpensive.

Good luck, and I'm interested to hear how you make out!

Regards,

Doug

Doug_Den_Hoed__AtAppStore_0-1720809867826.png

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

To be honest, for a quick and dirty list, I would just go with a parameter report. 

1) Use this post to get the field picklists:

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-questions/would-like-to-have-a-parameter-...

2) Add a column for Parameter Forms -- this is in the UI so there's no need for text mode.

3) Download all your parameters to Excel, and then filter in excel for whatever your form is.

You can also pursue whether it is possible to get an EXISTS statement maybe linking off the category parameter -- if you have remote consulting hours, this is a great option that saves a lot of thrashing around.

Level 6

Thanks, I ended up doing this plus providing a link to the form. The parameter report is accurate in terms of info but doesn't have the order of fields or the visibility rules.

Thanks all! 

Community Advisor

Probably you will find that Kimberly's suggestion of a kickstart export, would fulfill your needs here. Unfortunately the information would come in a giant blob of all your custom forms, and also be hard for the typical user to read. I would definitely tap remote consulting experts to create a report for you. Order and visibility rules may or may not be accessible through reference or collections to other objects -- if you think you will get this question often, it's good bang for the buck.

Additionally I'll point you to a chrome extension called "goFullPage" (referenced here https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-ideas/compare-interactive-proof-versions-... ) in case this would be helpful to your end viewer. 

Level 9

The kickstart export shows all the fields and then the values but the values are tied to the unique key for the field when you select Custom Data. 

KIMBERLYREA_0-1721056879336.png