Expand my Community achievements bar.

No Subject

Level 2
Why do the in app notifications not include the project name in the New Experience view? Project names are included in the notifications in the old view. This info is critical for time management when prioritizing work and responses.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

10 Replies

Level 10

Hi Jodie - thank you for pointing this out. For me personally, since I work mainly with a request queue I like that on a document comment it tells me the issue name instead of the project name since I know it is form the Workfront Help Desk Queue project.

I did go around and ask our NWE employees (we have 95 people now in NWE) and no one seemed to noticed. I think it might be because we put our documents on the project level instead of the task so that we don't have to keep moving or copying them as they go through the project.

Anyways, just wanted to explain why I voted for something else because the old way wasn't really helpful to someone in my role/position who deals with the same request queues.

Level 2

Thanks for your reply and explanation of your vote. The attached is a visual of the two different ways these notification show up in Workfront Classic and New Experience. Workfront Classic has the project name associated with the notification.

Level 2

This is the notifications in New Experience

Level 10

I only see one picture so I thought I'd share the one I sent to my users to ask. See for me, I like that it shows in NWE that the document Dina commented on is in the issue. But again, in my position I know 95% of my notifications come from Help Desk Queue

Level 10

Is Project Summary the Parent Task? I just checked and I have notifications from tasks with Parent tasks associated to them and the project name still shows. Maybe it is a bug. I'm cluster 1. (I know we have had issues in the past with different clusters behaving different)

Level 2

Sorry, Anthony. my first response only allowed one file upload and I didn't combine them. I'm attaching a combined view here. These notifications are tasks that have been assigned to me. In the Classic it shows the job name. The NWE just shows "Project Summary"

Level 2

Yes, Project Summary is the Parent task of all other tasks associated with that job. I am in cluster 5. If this is a bug that could be corrected, my team would be fanatically happy.

Level 10

Yeah, I would reach out to support. And let them know you talked to someone in Cluster 1 who has a notification about a "child" task that has a parent task and I see the Project Name in the in-app notification. :)

The only notifications we have that don't have the project are documents that are commented on that are attached to a task or issue. Otherwise all the other notifications I get have the project name.

Level 3

Jodie, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I could not find a Support Case open for this so I have opened one on your behalf. I could not find any documentation of the change in the in app notifications from Classic to NWE. I am escalating your Support Case to our Development Team for further review.