Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

New UX URL parsing

Level 4
I have a browser extension that a user is using to maintain context of the 'piece' they're working on in Workfront. It relies on snagging the ID (of the project, task or issue) from the active page's address. With the new UX, the address follows a different format and so the extension isn't working anymore. I'm no JS developer, but I think the following code is what is grabbing the ID: f = function(t, e) { e || (e = window.location.href), t = t.replace(/[\]]/g, "\\$&"); var n = new RegExp("[?&]" + t + "(=([^&#]*)|&|#|$)"), r = n.exec(e); return r ? r[2] ? decodeURIComponent(r[2].replace(/\+/g, " ")) : "" : null } I have 0 experience with regular expressions, so all that is mostly lost on me. Has anyone here had to update any URL parsing routines for the new UX? Care to translate / share a snippet that would grab the ID from the new address format (eg. "/task/ /overview" instead of "/task/view?ID= ") Rick MacDuffie Symetra Life Insurance Company
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Following this in case someone has an answer for you. We are having issues with our external pages in dashboards finding the object ID number. I did put in a support ticket and my ASE is talking to Support. I'll let you know what I hear. Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
Hi Rick and Anthony, Perhaps the secret "{!ID}" variable (which provides the currently viewing Object's ID at runtime on an external page link) would meet your needs. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore