Expand my Community achievements bar.

New Timesheet Interface

Level 4

This new update is THE WORST update! Now, if I need to open timesheets for a single user. it seems as though I have to create a filter just for that specific user so I can then use the magnifying glass search to search the date. Does anyone have an easier way to do this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

33 Replies

In the interest of fairness, there is a bit more than cosmetics, and probably things that will interest us and others (I finally found and then reviewed the changes thanks to the demo video). So kudos for that.

However, my UI comments still stand. That's kinda been the journey all along for NWE: "it's pretty, but inefficient" and "it's pretty, but I'd rather you concentrate on functional issues."

Hi Candace,

The main feedback from our team so far is that we'd like the ability to adjust the width of the name column. Right now at WF's recommended 100% zoom level we've got a horizontal zoom to see the entire week. Not visually ideal for our users.

@Kevin Quosig‚ Feel free if there are specific innovations that you are looking for to add those into the innovation lab for future consideration. I have already circulated your feedback above.

@Ryan Kirk‚ Thanks for your feedback. This is something that you could add into the innovation lab for consideration.

Community Advisor

I have the same issue as Ryan, the horizontal scroll bar at 100% zoom. The totals column on the far right seems unnecessarily wide and there's a lot more white space which makes less of what my users actually need to see visible.

Level 3

The only change I see in Preview is a new item in the timesheet screen called "groupings". This doesn't add any value for me at all (see attached).

Employee

@Denise Cossa‚ I see above you were looking to connect with Jess. Did you have a chance to connect? Some folks are having to clear their cache & cookies to see the new features in preview. Also, our support teams are available to assist if you are not seeing what you are looking for.

Level 3

I cleared my cache twice and even opened an incognito window. The only change I (still) see is the option for groups. Which does nothing for me.

0694X00000J4u6NQAR.png

Employee

Hi Denise. Please connect with support and they should be able to help troubleshoot. The timesheets updates that the folks above are discussing does not include changes to filters. That is scheduled to be released later this year.

Level 4

@Candace Lance‚ I'm unable to view the timesheets in preview. I receive the following error:

Error

Whoops! Something went wrong. Please contact Workfront so we can figure out what went wrong and fix it.

Employee

@Tami Gomez‚ I know that some folks are having to clear their cache & cookies to have everything function correctly. If that doesn't work, let us know.

Level 3

My feedback on the timesheet in Preview is that the "name" column is too wide. We only show one week at at time on the timesheet so there is a lot of white space between the name and the hour entry columns. It results in unnecessary horizontal scrolling to see the full week to enter hours.

The shading on the weekend days could be darker so that is easier to see the difference between the weekdays.

0694X00000J568QQAR.jpg