Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

New Sharepoint Document Link

Level 6

Hello-  Can someone help me understand what settings I need to change on my Sharepoint Document Libraries to allow them to be added to Workfront?  When I go to Documents- Add New- Sharepoint (Graph API) I can see many of the sharepoint sites I have access to.  However, not all of them, and in particular not the specific one I want to see.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you, Mollie

10 Replies

Level 6

Thank you, however, that is for the legacy sharepoint connector.  I'm trying to use the new integration.  

Community Advisor

Hi @MollieSh ,
How did you setup SharePoint (Graph API) application on the Azure side? 

When user attempts to use Graph API integration admin access is needed, is this one time only? Not everyone is admin so I don't expect that WF is expecting from everyone to grant admin access...
WF support doesn't have any documentation regarding configuration on SP end so with my Security team we are a bit left in the fog.

Any guidance would be appreciated
R

Level 6

Hi @Rafal_Bain Where you ever able to make any progress on figuring this out?  Thanks, Mollie

Community Advisor

I did make some, integration essentially works (i.e. I can search and link files from SP), apart from the error at the top:

Rafal_Bain_0-1666708022734.png

It must have something to do with the permissions setup in Azure AD, I will be making another attempt tomorrow to fix this. If I manage to resolve this error (which essentially hides the path of location where user is looking) I will be posting correct set of permissions here. Support wasn't able to provide that... 

Level 1

Hi @Rafal_Bain . What permissions did you grant to Azure AD to give access to WF ? 

Level 7

Hi @vxl2020 ,

frankly, I'm not 100% sure at this stage, but basically I haven't made progress beyond what I described above.

If I remember correctly, permissions granted were of highest possible level as per MS documentation:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/permissions-reference#application-permissions-71

this is very much in line with what app is asking for:
required permissions.png

good luck with this!

Level 1

Thank you very much @Rafal_Bainie .  I will start with this and see how far I can get.

Level 1

It seems Workfront limits the number of sites you can see to 100, without any particular reason. I also cannot see the site I need. What's worse, the search function doesn't help either, as search returns only files and folders and not sites. Unfortunately, the way Graph API is implemented in Workfront is pretty useless the way it is.

Level 6

Hi, thanks for the info.  You got more than I did from support.  I just got that I need to talk to my sharepoint admin, who then told me I need to talk to Workfront.  SIGH  I agree pretty useless.