Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Need Help: Calculated field to show Status Label instead of Status Key (3-letter acronym)

Level 4
Hi - I'm trying to create a simple calculated field on a request that will allow me to show the Request Status Label instead of the Status Key (In Progress vs. INP). Can anyone assist on the syntax? Simply using "Status Label" in the calculated field option is not viable - it throws an error. See attached image. Mike McGovern Deloitte
4 Replies

Level 10
Hi Mike, The field statusLabel only seems to exist via the 'Unsupported' version of the API. It's not possible to use it via the V10 or earlier versions. For that reason, I suspect that it would also not be available to users when working with calculated fields. Happy to stand corrected if anyone else knows how to do this? I guess a workaround is to create a calculated field to convert the 3 letter codes to the status labels that you need. Regards, David Cornwell

Community Advisor
I have a calculated field to show status that looks something like this, with additional IF statements for custom statuses. IF(Status="INP","In Progress",IF(Status="PLN","Planning",IF(Status="CPL","Completed",Status))) I've also followed that up with another calculated field to show the history as the status changes, ("Status History" and "Current Status" are the names of my custom fields) LEFT(IF(LEFT(Status History,LEN(IF(ISBLANK(Current Status),"-",Current Status)))=Current Status, Status History,CONCAT(IF(ISBLANK(Current Status),"-",Current Status)," (",$$NOW,") | ",Status History)),2000)

Level 7
Heather is on point with this one! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 4
Thanks so much Heather!! Mike McGovern Deloitte