Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Need advice on choosing a financial package to integrate with Workfront!

Level 4
Hi everyone! I have an existing customer who is looking at choosing a financial package that they can integrate with Workfront. If you've done this type of integration, we'd love to have you share what package you chose and why. Also, please share any advice you have for someone who is just starting the decision making process. Thanks so much!
6 Replies

Level 4
Well it's not all that integrated, but we do use Workfront reports to drive Project Systems in SAP. Our SAP Project Systems is integraded with SD and FICO to drive milestone-based billing and revenue recognition. We simply upload a tab-delimited Workfront report of daily project milestone status to an ftp site from which it's collected and processed into an iDoc. At one time we were also passing project hours to SAP the same way. Initially we were automatically emailing the reports to the drop-box each night, but IT stopped supporting SMTP for this function, so we had to go to ftp. Nothing to it on the Workfront side, but the SAP implementation took 18 months. ~Jeff ~Jeff

Level 10
Hi Sherry - We spent a lot of time figuring out how such an integration might work. What does this unnamed Customer want to integrate into their financial package? Do they want to bring over labor hours? Third party labor hours? Third party labor cost? Earned value from projects? What data objects are they looking to integrate? I can speak in a more focused way once I know what they want to do. Thanks, Eric

Level 1
Hi! We are looking at integration with Microsoft dynamics, and any answers to how it would work or the best way to integrate would be fantastic! We are not sure what we should integrate. What is best practice? We dont use labor hours, but would definitely want the financials integrated as well as procurement requests and invoicing requests. And information on payments made and revenue received for that particular project. Best practice is requested. thank you Rizwana Narvel Project Management Office National Technology Enterprises Company (NTEC)

Level 10
Hi Sherry, I heard on the Q3 Dev Roadmap that Workfront are partnering with some sort of finance system and will offer a level of integration. Perhaps Nate can dig up some more info on that. As to organising your own integration, in our experience so far, the Workfront end is relatively flexible. A lot of it will come down to the scope of what you want to integrate, and the integration suitability of the other system. Regards, David

Level 4
Hi Eric, I didn't have the details and hoped the customer would jump in. Thanks for responding !