Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Multiple values in Filter using Contains

Level 10
I'm not sure if this is possible, but I would like to use the Contains qualifier and multiple values. For example, Show me all parameters where the name CONTAINS "admin" or "test". I've tried text mode with quotes, commas, tab space, and none seem to work. Suggestions?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 10

I’d like that too. I’m weary of doing multiple blocks of:

Condition 1

And

Contains “dog”

OR

Condition 2

And

Contains “cat”

Or

Condition 3

And

Contains “bird”

I hope someone has an idea of how to do that…

Level 2
Pretty sure the OR statements is your best bet, but remember that CONTAINS filters are much more performance hungry than other filters. As such, you may see slowness in report display. You might be also able to use IN instead of CONTAINS, depending on the content of the field.

Level 6

Not sure if you resolved this, but here's what I did. i was looking to exclude based on multiple criteria, and this works for that purpose

AND:1:project:name=OBM

AND:1:project:name_Mod=cinotcontains

AND:2:project:name=PASO

AND:2:project:name_Mod=cinotcontains

AND:3:project:name=Eventus

AND:3:project:name_Mod=cinotcontains

AND:4:project:name=Partner

AND:4:project:name_Mod=cinotcontains

AND:5:project:name=Partnership

AND:5:project:name_Mod=cinotcontains

project:name=FFS

project:name_Mod=cinotcontains

Level 5

Ryan,

Have you had any success with the same formulas but using Issue Queue Topic?

I am trying to report on any issues that aren't "Change Request", but the following isn't liked by my report:

opTask:queueTopic:name=Change Request

opTask:queueTopic:name _Mod= cinotcontains

Thanks

Level 7

Has this been remedied because I'm falling right into the same need. I'd like to filter tasks which have the names "asset handoff" and "deployment handoff." Currently, I'm filtering by "Task > Name contains handoff," which is pulling in some unrelated tasks.

Level 3

I am not sure if this has been addressed in any way. I am running into problems when I use AND statement to apply multiple Contains conditions through a filter. The report clears out all but keeps only one of the Contains conditions.

Here is what Adobe is suggesting:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/custom-view-samples/fil...