Expand my Community achievements bar.

Multiple User Planned Hour Assignment

Level 4
Hi, Does anyone know if there's a report that shows how many planned hours is being allocated to each user on a task? The only way I've found to do this is by clicking on 'edit task' and then scrolling down to Assignments. This is incredibly time consuming for our PMs and when editing the hours in the project view or during contouring, doesn't preserve or show how the hours are broken up. Basically I want a report that shows each user assignment on a task as a separate line item so that our PMs can easily alter the number of planned hours they've allocated to each user. Thanks! Christine Zhu Chobani
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Watching this one; have the same need. Kevin Quosig

Level 10
Hi Christine - there are two things you can use, but please note that both are just view only. You cannot in-line edit the hours. For a task report or in the task list of a project, you can use this column which we call Assignment Breakdown. displayname=Assignment Breakdown listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(assignments).lists textmode=true type=iterate valueexpression=CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name}," (",{role}.{name},") - ",{workRequired}/60,IF({workRequired}/60>ABS(1)," Hours"," Hour")) valueformat=HTML For reporting, you can also use the Assignment object type (which is my favorite). This creates a line item for every assignment on a task or issue. So in your example, you would get 4 line items for this task. I also like assignment reports because there is an assignment status that you can filter on so if someone click "Done with My Part" you can filter it out. :) This object type is also great because you can also group by employee and then do a sum of their planned hour :) Hope that is helpful Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
Ahh Anthony, you are an angel. This is definitely a great workaround solution. Thank you so much for sharing! I would like to just state that it would still be amazing if we could view the task breakdown and be able to edit hours directly in line! Christine Zhu Chobani

Level 10
This is a great input @Anthony Imgrund Thanks a lot. Regards Kundan Kundan Kumar KGON - (Kverneland Group Operations Norway AS)

Level 10
We actually built a tool internally called Easy Hour Entry to help out with this. It will be part of FCB's presentation at Leap if are going (Tuesday at 2:30 I believe is our time). It requires a developer to work with the API, but it has been a godsend especially on projects where we are, unfortunately, retro fitting hours from a scope we got from the client versus what is the usual for us in the template Anthony Imgrund FCB