Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!

Marketing Request Workflow

Level 1
I'm new to using workfront. Past PM system prior to joining the new company I'm currently working for was using Workamajig. My role now is to set up WF so that it works for projects request that comes through WF (Workfront). Right now an intake form is set up in WF. I need to figure out a way for two project types to come in. One is for projects that are one off. Meaning for example an udpate to a flyer. For this I was thinking of creating a portfolio title "Creative Requests" Then within that portfolio create tasks for each one off project that comes in. Now onto projects that have several deliverables and task. How do you go about creating that? I'm confuse between what a portfolio and program is as well as Issues? Someone in our organization said we should have those request that comes in to be set up as an issue. Any guidance would be appreciated.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Tammy, I think of the organziation of Workfront like this... The Portfolio is the file cabinet sitting in the corner of the office. The Program is the drawer on that filing cabinet, the Project is the folder in the drawer, and Tasks/Documents/Issues are the papers in the folder. For our agencies that use project intake forms, we usually setup a request queue (so a project you turn into "Publish as a Help Request Queue). There is a custom form attached with a series of questions and then we attach routing rules so it is assigned to a team (the main person and their back up) that "processes it". They work with agnecy executives to see if this project is doable and who will be the PM for it. Once that decision is made, the processor converts that issue into a project, puts it in the correct Portfolio and Program and then changes the Project Owner to the PM who will work on it. The PM then creates the project plan from there and off they go! Also, look at Queue Topics too as you can show different custom forms and have different routing rules depending on how automated you want the process (i.e. Digital projects got Bob while Print Projects go to Jill)