Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Mapping Category ID on Fusion record update removes other forms on record

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

I have a Fusion question...

I have a module that updates program records.  One of the fields I want updated (Program Status) is a on custom form called Standard Program Information.  If that form doesn't exist, it won't add it and update that field.  For this reason, I have mapped the Category ID field and added a the form ID for the Standard Program Information form.  

The issue I'm finding is that when this update takes place, and the form is added, it deletes any other form on the program record, along with the data contained with the fields on those forms.

Is there a way around this?

Thanks,

Nick

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Rather than use the update module, I would use the Misc Action module.  Record Type would be Program, Action is assignCategories then you can choose the objID as the Program ID you want to update, objCode is PRGM and then categoryID is the custom form ID you want to add.  Then you can run your update to fill in the field.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

Rather than use the update module, I would use the Misc Action module.  Record Type would be Program, Action is assignCategories then you can choose the objID as the Program ID you want to update, objCode is PRGM and then categoryID is the custom form ID you want to add.  Then you can run your update to fill in the field.

Level 10

Thanks, Stacey!  Sorry, I didn't see your reply before posting my update.  

Level 10

I learned that this is the issue and solution for anyone else who runs into this:

The Category ID field is shorthand to "first form in the list of custom forms" - meaning if there IS a custom form, it effectively removes the prior one and replace with the one you specify. 

If you need to just ADD custom forms, use the module "Misc. Actions" - it has an option to "addCategories" - this will not remove existing forms