Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Manual input planned hours per assignee possible?

Level 1
Hi all, I am trying to set up a task for two (or more people) and want to manually input their planned hours for that tasks. Example: The task has a duration of 10 days during which person A spends 60 hours and Person B spends 40 hours. The calculated work duration allows me to set the duration, and the planned hours can be calculated based on the % allocation assigned of one or more users. As such planned hours (and planned hours per person) is a variable outcome based on % allocation and task duration. The calculated assignment allows to put in fixed duration and fixed planned hours. The planned hours per person are equally distributed amonst the persons assigned (automatically and can't intervene manually), which is incorrect as the load is not an equal distibution. Is there a work-around or a better solution to get a fixed duration, fixed total planned hours, and fixed planned hours per person? Kind regards, Irik
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Irik, I'd go with one task per person in this case (which, in general, is always my preference). Regards, Doug

Level 1
Hi Doug, Thanks, that would work. Will think about it as it's not my prefered solution. Br. Irik

Level 5
The other option that I dont see mentioned is using SIMPLE duration type. This allows the allocation of the hours by person. By default, the system will split it evenly, then you can adjust in the ADVANCED ASSIGNMENTS area. Example: Task A has 5 people assigned and a total of 40 hours effort. Each will be allocated 8 hours, but in reality, one may be a supervisor and be allocated only 2 hours to review. Go in and adjust manually. Note that when you do this, the system will re-calculate the total effort, so you'll need to keep an eye on your allocations.

Level 1
Hi Marty, Thanks for your reply, this works and is the solution I am looking for as it still allows me to de-couple timelines and planned hours. Br, Irik

Level 10
Nice one, Marty. I'd forgotten the Simple solution, but agree. Regards, Doug