Expand my Community achievements bar.

How do I get a project report to show the name of the issue that the project was made from?

Level 3
How do I get a project report to show the name of the issue that the project was made from?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 4
Hi Ethan, I think you have to go about it a different way and create a issue report and pull in the Resolve Project ID. Switch to text mode and change the valuefield to valuefield=resolveProject:name. Thanks, Michelle

Level 3
I know of that way, but what I really want to be able to do is to be able to see the original issue the project came from, in my project view.

Level 10
Ethan, this is a tricky one because it uses the Project's "Resolvables" collections which is actually a one to many relationship: even though, in your case, you're trying to see the (one) Issue from which the Project was created, Workfront is designed to allow a Project to resolve more than just one Issue. That said, I believe I can offer a solution that will get you what you need. In your Project report, add a new column, change it to text mode, and then paste in the following: descriptionkey=resolvables listdelimiter= listmethod=nested(resolvables).lists name=Resolved By textmode=true type=iterate valuefield=name valueformat=HTML I've shown the results in the sample screen shot below. Regards, Doug

Level 10
Is there any way to start with the project object and look back at the Issue object that was used to create the project? Is there an issueID or something on the project that takes you back to the issue? Thanks! Eric

Level 3
Doug, thanks for your help. Your solution works perfectly!

Level 10
Perfect. That is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again, Doug! Eric