Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Gantt Chart Report - How do I add attributes on the left?

Level 10
Hi - I have a gantt chart report. That is a task report that uses the "Show the gantt view on the details tab" feature. I want to include the name of the project owner in the list of attributes that appear on the left side of the chart. If you right click on the column headings and select "Add or Remove columns", you will see there is a very limited list of attributes available. It does give you the ability to select from a short list of custom attributes. I thought, oh, I'll just create a custom attribute that has the project name in it. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear in the list of custom attributes available to display on the left of the Gantt Chart. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can get the owner name added to the Gantt chart. Thanks!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10
Hi Eric. The attached screen shot shows the solution that worked for me. Regards, Doug

Level 10
{{Doug}} Thanks for the screen shot. I’m following you. Here is the problem I have. I created a custom attribute on the Project object. When I go to select attributes to add to the Gantt, only one attribute of the many available shows up (it is called Cost Variance, below). I can’t get any other custom attribute on the project to appear in the list of attributes to add. I’ve restored defaults a number of times, that is fruitless. Any idea how to get custom attributes to appear in this list? Thanks, Eric [cid:image001.jpg@01D1EE1E.BBE0B370]

Level 10
Ah: perhaps, Eric. In my screen shot, the custom data fields shown on the tab are on Task level custom forms (this Gantt view also being Task based), where the attribute you created is on the Project object. I would expect that if you create a similar attribute on the Task object and refresh/reset as per my screen shot, you'll then see it. Regards, Doug

Level 10
{{Doug}} The window I have pops up three things: 1) Custom attributes on the project (at the top, expanded); 2) Custom attributes on the task (first form); 3) Custom attributes on the task (second form); I have two different forms that are available to be attached to the task. In the end, I’m trying to get the project owner name to appear in the Gantt Chart. That attribute isn’t available in the list of standard attributes, so I’m trying to game the system by creating a custom attribute, which is a calculated field that is equal to the project owner name. I put the custom attribute on the project, because it appeared as though you could pick off project custom attributes in that table. I’m beginning to think I need to create that custom attribute on the task, for every task, and then see if it pops up in the list of available custom attributes. This is much harder than it really needs to be. WorkFront should just make the project owner name attribute available, so we can skip all these workarounds. Thanks, as always! Eric

Level 10
Yeah, this is a fussy one, Eric. I've just returned to my example and checked off the "Group by Category" as you did, and observe that the Categories presented are all Task level, which is consistent with my previous post. If one of them had a calculated field that pointed to the Project.Owner.Name (or if that's too far a hop, to a Project level custom calculated parameter that contains the same thing), I could then select it, and show it on the Gantt. Looking back at your screenshot, although the Categories start with both "Project" and "Task" prefixes, I have a hunch that they're in fact all Task level categores, and if so, that would explain why the first one you expanded isn't changing when you add Project level custom parameters. Could that be the root cause? Regards, Doug