Expand my Community achievements bar.

List of New Experience "Things to Watch"?

Level 10
Is there a thread here somewhere with a list of "things to watch out for when switching from Classic to New Experience"? I've been tasked with reviewing our deployment vs. New Experience in advance of a possible switch. I'm going to assume there are differences, things to look out for, etc. Such as: text mode, report layout/formatting, custom forms, Home, PHQ, etc. Just trying to find areas I should scrutinize more than others. THANKS! Kevin Quosig
6 Replies

Level 10
Hi Kevin - are you part of the Beta Group here in Community? There is a lot of discussion there about things in NWE that are different. There is also this great resource: https://experience.workfront.com/s/new-workfront-experience They also have a NWE section in Known Issues: https://experience.workfront.com/s/article/Known-Issues Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 10
So I was sorta under the impression (based on hype, excitement, and discussion) this beastie had left the Beta stage...apparently not so? I probably should have guessed as much the last time I turned on the New Experience and took a peek that it had undergone a few huge UI changes. ;-) Because, yeah, not a member of the Beta group; because have no time for Beta explorations. Too much to do already. Is there any sense of when this beast will move out of Beta? We were thinking the beginning of the fiscal year (July 1 for us) would be a good time to swap; but not if it's still in Beta or really close to finalization. Kevin Quosig

Level 10
Interesting... I thought it was already in General Availability but I guess not. (Not seeing an official date of move over). Even if you don't have time to go through NWE and test a bunch of stuff, I would recommend you signing up for the daily summary of the Beta group. I read it on my morning commute and find it very informative when talking to my users who have already switched over to NWE even though I'm not currently using it. @Josh Boston - Is there an official date for GA? Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 5
Hi Anthony and Kevin, Anthony provided the best place to start to consume the changes for the new Workfront experience. On that page is a link to an onboarding guide that provides more information on the changes and guides you through a few best practices to rollout the new Workfront experience to your teams. Also, here is a link on that page that contains all of our training material available to date (more is coming). https://experience.workfront.com/s/learn-new-workfront-experience Otherwise, yes we are in Beta and we haven't selected an official date for General Availability. We are planning for this in the next few months and will communicate this as soon as we have a date selected. So Kevin your date of July 1 should work just fine assuming you can start to assess the changes before then. As we get closer to General Availability, we will be hosting a webinar to help summarize all of the changes and best practices for rollout. Feel free to reach out in the Beta Group with any additional questions. Josh Boston Workfront

Community Advisor
Thanks for sharing these links Josh, I reviewed them in detail tonight, and am impressed with how they are coming along. I am keenly interested in finding ways to help the everyone transition from classic to NWE, and encourage anyone responsible for ensuring safe crossing for their organization to read them through to get a baseline, and check back periodically as more content is added. Regards, Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore