Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Task GroupId

Level 4
I want to use Fusion to update tasks, but only if the task is part of a project from a specific group. I think I have the Fusion logic worked out, but then I noticed that the Group Id's associated with the tasks are not what I excepted. How are Group Id's assigned to Tasks? Furthermore, is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Jason Saunders
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 6
Hi Jason, can you please clarify, are you looking at specific tasks within a Project with an associated Parent Task? Elissa Lazor Digital Transformation Consultant and Solutions Architect Austin, TX 281.772.3973

Level 4
I am looking to do all tasks within projects that are associated with a specific group. Jason Saunders

Level 6
So at a high level I would think trying something like this could work: Monitor for Tasks with the status not complete. Then continue if the task is assigned to the id of the team or perhaps these projects are in a portfolio or program that separates out the group you are referring to. From there iterate through the tasks to change the status. Elissa Lazor Digital Transformation Consultant and Solutions Architect Austin, TX 281.772.3973

Level 10
Hi - I looked at both groupID and project:groupID on the task and they are the same thing. I'm not sure how Fusion works, but in a report, you can use either one of them to filter tasks associated with a certain group. How are you seeing that is different? Anthony Imgrund FCB

Level 4
Thanks for the reply. I didn't consider filtering out tasks by status. Jason Saunders

Level 4
Anthony I see the same thing. GroupId and project:groupId are the same. What I didn't except was that some projects are assigned to our main company group instead of the specific department group. There shouldn't be any projects associated with the main company group. Jason Saunders