Expand my Community achievements bar.

List of custom links in Dashboard

Level 10

Hi WF Community,

Does anyone know if it's possible to display a section in a dashboard with a list of links? I know you can use the External Page option in a dashboard, but that only lets me link to one specific page.

I have a bunch of links to custom filters on the Workload Balancer, and since displaying 10+ Workload Balancers in a dashboard is too lengthy, we want to just display the name of each filter, and have that named hyperlinked. For example:

QA Dept.

Platform Dept.

Creative Dept.

Deliverability Dept.

Etc...

It would be displayed in the dashboard like the above list, and each option would be hyperlinked, taking users to the corresponding Workload Balancer page in a new browser tab.

Not sure if anyone knows of a way to do this.

Thanks.

Nick

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 3

You could try making a project with each item listed as at task and using the task URL field for the link. If you want to set a custom view, I'd create a task report that includes the task names and the URL column (displaying "click here" or an icon instead of the full link) and then pull that into the dashboard.

Level 10

Nancy, I like your creativity! I'm going to give that a try.

Do you know what expression in text mode I can use to display 'Click Here' instead of the URL itself?

Level 3

This is what I used. You need to use a task custom form with a calculated custom field that has the URL. I used one called "Task URL". There may be other ways but this worked for me.

case.0.comparison.icon=false

case.0.comparison.leftmethod=ID

case.0.comparison.lefttext=ID

case.0.comparison.operator=notblank

case.0.comparison.operatortype=string

case.0.comparison.righttext=

case.0.comparison.truetext=Click Here

description=Custom URL

displayname=Link to Report

link.isnewwindow=true

link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Task URL)

linkedname=direct

listsort=customDataLabelsAsString(Task URL)

name=Custom URL

querysort=URL

shortview=false

stretch=0

styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false

styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=ID

styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=ID

styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=notblank

styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=string

styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=

styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext=Click Here

textmode=true

valuefield=Task URL

valueformat=customDataLabelsAsString

width=150

Level 2

I would suggest making a Custom Form using the using Descriptive Text Custom Fields to create the Hyperlinks and then you could make a Report which could be added directly to the Dashboard using those fields. This would also give you the flexibility to copy the form to add the Custom Form itself to any Issue, Task, Project or Template.

The form being some like:

(Form Title) Workload Balancer Filters

(Descriptive Text Link) QA Dept.

(Descriptive Text Link) Platform Dept.

Etc.