Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Issue Report Column for Note Text

Level 2

We are using an issue report for all of our team's completed issues. I want to add a column to the report that will capture if any of the updates (note text) contains the text "This issue was sent for automation" and then have the column populate a green "Automated" text. I am able to accomplish this, but only with using the Last Note column field, but I want it to report on if any notes on the updates tab contain this update. Sometimes comments are made after the request is completed and automated and I don't want that to disrupt the column in the report. Any ideas? Here is the text mode that works IF it only is looking at last note. Any ideas on how I can update it to include if any note has "This issue was sent for automation"? Thank you! 

valuefield=lastNote:noteText
querysort=lastNote:noteText
valueformat=HTML
displayname=
linkedname=lastNote
namekey=view.relatedcolumn
namekeyargkey.0=lastNote
namekeyargkey.1=noteText
case.0.comparison.leftmethod=lastNote:noteText
case.0.comparison.lefttext=lastNote:noteText
case.0.comparison.righttext=This issue was sent for automation
case.0.comparison.operator=cicontains
case.0.comparison.operatortype=string
case.0.comparison.icon=false
case.0.comparison.truetext=Automated
styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=lastNote:noteText
styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=lastNote:noteText
styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=This issue was sent for automation
styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=cicontains
styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=string
styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false
styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext=Automated
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=textcolor
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=03a219

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kayleeric7 - What if instead of tracking it based on a note on the issue you add a custom form field (either via a whole new form attached, or possibly just a field on the existing) and then report based on whether or not that is checked? Just an idea since it sounds like what you're going for with the notes report isn't possible.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 4

From my understanding, the LastNote column is just that, only the Last Note. You cannot report on items in the rest of the update stream.

I would LOVE a way to do this though!

Community Advisor

with the amount of formatting you want on this, it's really not possible. Any note aside from the "last note" would be considered a "collection", read this article for limitations of collections reporting including a lack of formatting capability:

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/text-mode/reference-col... 

To make things simpler, you could consider a notes report instead, and just add issue info columns to that report. You could also consider a separate filter for the issue report and use an exists statement to only bring in lines where an update exists containing your search phrase.

Community Advisor

@kayleeric7 I agree with Skye here, I'd just use a Note report instead to filter that specific note text, then add other issue-related columns as needed.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @kayleeric7 - What if instead of tracking it based on a note on the issue you add a custom form field (either via a whole new form attached, or possibly just a field on the existing) and then report based on whether or not that is checked? Just an idea since it sounds like what you're going for with the notes report isn't possible.

Level 2

Yes, thank you! We were originally going to do this but wanted to see if the note text would work to reduce any current or future manual work with adding the field but looks like that's the direction we will have to go in, thanks!