Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

ISO input from marketing teams with account manager and project manager roles

Level 3
We're adding the PM role to our in-house Marketing department to compliment our AM roles. Right now our AMs are responsible for client-facing activities as well as providing creative briefs and managing project flow (is it on time, are milestones being hit, accepting commit dates, etc.). We hope the PM role with be 70% internal-facing: process- and deadline-driven. My plan is to have these folks focused on: Getting the work properly started (Workfront planning included), necessary assets collected, milestones properly outlined and hit, roadblocks identified and addressed in a timely manner, and deliverable details identified and managed done on time, right and delivered to the right person in the right format That said, I'm looking for teams that have a similar setup as I'm responsible for defining responsibilities/workflow for the PMs (which will, in essence, define the same for the AMs to a certain extent). I firmly believe none of us is as smart as all of us (to rip off NPR's Marketplace), so I am hoping to learn from those who already have this kind of structure in their departments. Any takers interested in spending a few minutes with me via email or Skype to share what you've learned and how a similarly set up team works best for you? Although this isn't strictly Workfront-related, I'm hoping I don't ruffle any feathers by posting here. We are working in Workfront and this role will be highly Workfront-focused, if that helps make it legal. Michelle Yard Insperity
1 Reply

Level 5
Hi, Michelle, We've had this kind of set up for years, and I'd be happy to chat with you. Email: acoble@webmd.net Phone: 212-624-3948 Best, Alana Alana Coble WebMD