Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there anywhere else to see system updates other than the Updates section?

Level 5

For user accounts I often need to look back through the system updates to see when a change was made to their account or who made it etc. But the current setup makes me scroll through all of their updates which include every single comment they have ever made in a proof (which is a lot). I wish there was a toggle to only show system updates. Is there any other way for me to find this information without having to scroll through pages and pages of comments?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

5 Replies

Level 10

I can't find anything in Innovation Lab about fixing the filter for Updates. I agree, if there is a proof involved, the updates feed becomes a load of garbage to sort through. I would expand this idea to be able to filter on proof comments, project comments, system updates.

Level 10

Hi Tracy, you can do a Journal Entry report and do a filter (or prompt so you can easily pick new people) on Journal Entry -> User ID

I pulled in some fields for the object type to show you what type of information shows up. I'm not system admin for the Workfront instance so you might see additional info, but not 100% sure.

0694X00000EMVhjQAH.png

Level 5

Anthony,

This worked perfectly, thank you once again for the save!

Level 7

If you're specifically looking for changes to the users account itself, there's an 'Audit Log' menu at the bottom of the Setup screens that has that information easily filterable. You can say (for example) Log Type: User, then filter to a specific user or specific Action Type (Change, Add, Deactivate) etc.

Anthony's report is also an option that has more information available, so it depends on your specific need at that time.

Katherine

Level 5

Hi Katherine, I tried this but it looks like it only records changes sorted by the user who made them.

For example I changed a user's access level. I sorted that report by that user's name and it came back blank. When I put my name in it shows a row for me changing that user's access.

Basically what I am trying to accomplish is this:

We have some automated integrations that create user accounts and set their access levels etc.

When I am looking into an issue the first thing I want to check is the system updates to see if any changes were made to their account either by the integrations or another user. Right now I have to sort through endless pages of proof comments to locate these system updates in the updates panel.

I will try Anthony's report now to see if I can get the desired results.

Thank you both for the help.