Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a way to report on other Home Teams in Workfront?

Level 3

I'm trying to build a report that not only tracks a user's Home Team but their Other Home Terms as well.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 7

Hi Cliff,

One individual can only have a single 'Home' team, though many 'Other Teams' as needed - similarly true for Groups.

I'm not sure what base report you're building off of, but in a User report you'd select Home Team -> Name to get a column with their assigned Home Team name, and you'd select User -> Team to get a column that has a listing of all the other assigned teams in it as well.

If you wanted them all in the same column, you could then use text mode to merge the two columns together.

If you don't see those choices in whatever base report you're starting from, let us know which you're using and more help can be added.

Katherine

Level 3

Katherine,

I'm using the User object report type.

If you could provide the text mode used to merge the two columns together that would be helpful?

Thank you

Cliff

Level 7

Sure thing. To start, with those two columns in my report, I get a result like the below - snipping a sample from a single user. Their Home Team is Q: Coding Services, and then their entire list of teams inclusive of the Home Team also has the Q: Global Coding Svcs

To start - merging two columns together requires that the columns be side-by-side, as shown below.

After that, click the column that is furthest to the left, and go into text mode.

At the bottom of whatever text shows up, enter the line: "sharecol=true" and hit save.

That gets you the second screenshot, which is decent but still needs a little clean-up. I'd recommend at least:

1. Retitling the column so it's clearer that this is a list of all teams. Merging columns keeps the name of the left most column by default. Third screenshot below shows me changing the 'displayname' for the first column to 'All My Teams'
  2. Consider if you NEED both columns, as the Home Team will also appear in the compete list of teams as well.

There are more advanced tricks for filtering out the duplicate information and adding text labels before each grouping, but beyond my time limit for this evening. :)

Katherine

0694X00000C04zyQAB.jpg0694X00000C0508QAB.jpg

Level 3

Hello Katherine,

Thank you this is very helpful.

Regards

Cliff

Level 4

Cliff, I found this instruction and video by WF Pro to be very helpful for combining columns.

https://wf-pro.com/textmode/text-mode-views/

Level 7

Hi Cliff -

Here's the textmode code that will share the columns and give you the users Home Team and Other Teams. You'll need to renumber the columns to make sure they don't overwrite any existing columns in those positions in your report.

column.6.displayname=Teams

column.6.sharecol=true

column.6.textmode=true

column.6.value=<strong>Home Team:</strong>

column.6.valueformat=HTML

column.7.displayname=

column.7.linkedname=homeTeam

column.7.namekey=view.relatedcolumn

column.7.namekeyargkey.0=homeTeam

column.7.namekeyargkey.1=name

column.7.querysort=homeTeam:name

column.7.sharecol=true