Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a way to make Word Documents Preview in the Documents section?

Level 6

Wondering if there is any way to make Word Docs preview when in the documents section. We are able to see previews of PDFs but Word docs just give us a DOCX icon.

Most of us are in the design field and don't use Word often so every time we need to look at it quick we have to open up Word and open the file. Just trying to save time where we can. Any ideas?

Attached pics to show what i am referring to.0690z000008a4ijAAA.png0690z000008a4ieAAA.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Community Advisor

The PDF thumbnail you're showing is a Proof thumbnail and is visible on files converted to Proofs. It looks like Hannah B either has a Proof license, and her Proof license is set to automatically convert the file she uploaded to a Proof, or it might be that someone is converting her upload to a Proof.

The same is definitely not happening for Jenn or Hannah L. At bare minimum, someone needs to check those two profiles for a Proof license, and that it is set to automatically generate proofs, or someone needs to generate a proof on their behalf.

Level 6

We have copywriters add their word docs as Docs and then the designer converts them to a proof v1 so they can add v2 (their design) so we are able to view them side by side in the Proof HQ. Otherwise the copywriter ends up being the proof owner but they shouldn't be involved in the proof at all. If that makes sense.

I did just change the designers proof access to Supervisor so they can edit a proof that they aren't the owner of. Maybe that is the solution...

Community Advisor

Yep, it's a really common problem (the person uploading the file has no business being involved in the proof). This is the closest idea in the exchange that I could find regarding this "opportunity": https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PS5bAAG/detail but honestly if you wanted to rewrite it, I would definitely upvote it.