Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is there a way to log time on tasks you are assigned to review and approve?

Level 1

Our creative director mostly spends his time in WF reviewing and approving tasks and documents. The "log time" option doesn't appear on tasks or documents he's sent for approval, but we want to capture the time he takes as its a large portion of his billable time. Right now he can manually search and add projects to his timesheet, but since he works on a few dozen a week, this is really cumbersome and we run the risk of missing large chunks of billable time. Does anyone have a solution?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Maeve,

A couple of things to check . . . .

Firstly, what license type does your Director have? If he has a review / request license, he will not have the option to log time on tasks. Only workers or above have the ability to do this.

If your Director does have a work or plan license, what sharing permissions are given to him on the work that he is approving? If he only has view access to the task, he will not have the ability to log time. He will need to have contribute or manage access to the task in order to be able to log time.

Best Regards,

Rich.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Maeve,

A couple of things to check . . . .

Firstly, what license type does your Director have? If he has a review / request license, he will not have the option to log time on tasks. Only workers or above have the ability to do this.

If your Director does have a work or plan license, what sharing permissions are given to him on the work that he is approving? If he only has view access to the task, he will not have the ability to log time. He will need to have contribute or manage access to the task in order to be able to log time.

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 1

@Richard Leek‚ - You're a GEM!!! It was the view vs. contribute setting. I had no idea those were affiliated with time logging. Thank you so much.

Community Advisor

You're very welcome Maeve, glad I could help! 😁