Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Does anyone know if it is possible to give someone with a Worker License access to inline edit the custom fields on a report?

Level 2

We created a report to track our Sample Product status with our Studio. We added custom fields to the report with check boxes and notes sections. The report is great but the issue is that the person that needs to inline edit the custom fields has a Worker License and does not have access. We gave access to the fields, the custom form and set the report to run with my admin access but that alone did not work.

What DID work was giving the person access to manage the project that is pulled on the report but that is not ideal to do for all jobs. Is there a way to do this in text mode or is there a different option? Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

@Dylan Berniz‚

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Employee

So this is tricky. In order to in-line edit a custom field, the custom form has to be attached. In order to attach a custom form, you need manage access. Soooo, if you don't want to increase their access, you would have to pre-emptively go in and add all the custom forms that might need to be edited.

Level 10

Hi @Laura Collister‚ and @Kyna Baker - inactive‚

I believe manage access can be possible for plan license. Since editing field in custom form can be possible by plan license only. Adding value can be possible by Work license.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 3

I had this same issue, but when I gave the user Contribute access with the permission to edit custom form, they were able to inline edit in a report.

0694X00000FSKSZQA5.png