Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Is there a way to identify the number of versions a Document Approval was Rejected/Approved with Changes by the role?

Level 3

We are trying to identify a true version count of the Business lead approvals from the Creative design approvals.

How many times a document was rejected/Approved with Changes by a role/team?

Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, or any workarounds on this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

document approvals only store one decision per approval per document. If your lead rejects something in round 1, and in the next version they approve it, you've "lost" the historical on it. The only thing I can think of is setting up a journal entry report. You can see the changes and particular details about the user who made the change in status.

Setting one up would be trial and error and similar to this post: https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D54X00006euPNISA2/has-anyone-already-used-the-new-journal-repo...

Level 3

Thank you, @Skye Hansen‚ . I'll look into this. This is great.

Level 10

I like Skye's idea Ruby,

Another "do it yourself" option might be to use custom data on the Documents and adapt this Targeted Auditing Proof Of Concept to track the changes to its status as Rejected/Approved With Changes updates occur (or even simply count them, given your goal).

"As the time it happens", you could also trap the Last Updated By User's roleID, homeTeamID, etc. either in the Targeted Audit Text, or (if warranted) in dedicated "odometer" calculated custom parameters (e.g. one per Role, one per Team, etc.) in order to collect additional stats that could then drive Filters, Groupings, Views, Sorting, and Charting (e.g. last year, by role, how many documents were rejected).

One gotcha, mind you, is figuring out how to ensure the custom form gets onto the documents in the first place; but (once you've confirmed the approach), that could be monitored and corrected procedurally, and/or automated using our UberCalc solution (or Fusion, if you have it).

I'd be interested to hear which way you go, and how you make out.

Regards,

Doug

Thank you @Doug Den Hoed‚ , I'll look into this as well and keep you posted.