Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Is there a way to add Home Team to a User Report?

Level 2

I'm trying to pull a User report with Project and Task assignments and want to group by home team. The only field I seem to be able to add for team data includes all teams the user is assigned to.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

6 Replies

Level 7

Hi Joanna,

I'm not quite tracking which base object you're starting the report from, but generally there should be options for 'Home Group' or 'Home Team' versus a generic Group/Team field in most report objects. That will pull you the ID, and then you can use text mode to switch it over to the :name field to display the regular text.

If you can clarify which object you're starting the report with, I can get more specific with details.

Katherine

Level 2

Hi Katherine,

I'm looking at a User report because I need to be able to report on the individual assignments on all project tasks. Can you please provide an example of how to get the Home Team ID to display name? I've tried a couple of things in text mode and it just leaves me with no data in that field on the report.

Level 7

Sure thing. Here's a quick write-up for you.

That being said, I'm not sure you're going to have much luck getting that information if you start from the User report base. That's more used for reporting on the user themselves (login access, schedules, managers etc), not the work they're assigned. You might find it less frustrating to start from a Task report base.

You'll still need this trick if you start from there, but you'll get a lot richer data available natively without having to switch to text mode as much.

Level 2

Thanks Katherine! I will give this a try.

Actually the only report I've been able to get the data in the format I want is a User report. Task Reports group all user assignments into a singe field which is not what I need. This has limited certain other reporting features of course but at this stage I'm really just looking at the "nice to haves" rather than true needs.

If you know of a way I can get that User level breakout on a Task Report I'm happy to give it a try and see if it will suit us better!

Level 7

So if a task has 3 people assigned to it, you want a report structure that has three individual lines? In that case, you could start from the 'Work Item' report which would accomplish that.