Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

I'm working on a user task report and want to sort the report by Planned Start Date but can't get the report to do it.

Level 2

I've tried Grouping by start date - the report will display grouped but November follows December instead of displaying ahead of it. I've added and removed Task Name because even when I don't sort by that field, the report displays sorted by it. I'm confused and would appreciate any input.

Thanks!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi - remember that Grouping has nothing to do with sort. Groupings will move around based on whatever the first task's start date is. You will need to make sure you are sorting (in the column view of the report) by the task's planned start date to make sure the groupings are sorted that way as well.

If you don't want to show task planned start date, but you want to sort by it, there is a trick you can do. While in the edit report pop-up, go to a column that you are showing on the report that you are not also planning to sort by. Switch to test mode. Remove the current "querysort=" line there. The whole line. And then paste in these three lines instead

querysort=plannedStartDate

sortOrder=1

sortType=asc

So even though you are not showing the Planned Start Date field, that one field is sorting by that value. ;)

Level 2

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for responding! My project reports are sorting correctly now but my task report isn't. There isn't any grouping in the user report and the only sort is on Planned Start Date, yet the dates are not sorting correctly.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Diana

Level 10

Interesting... are you showing the Planned Start Date in the Task Report? For tasks, you might want a secondary sort for tasks that have the same start date.

Level 2

Yes, I have the Planned Start Date in the task report. That field is the only column that is sorted, Ascending A-Z and Minimum. Interesting note though. On a task report by team, I have the tasks grouped by project name. In this report, the tasks are sorted correctly, within each project.