Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Is there a report template that shows all active projects and at what task name each project is at?

Level 2

Hi There,

Looking for a report template or filters and grouping suggestions to have a report that shows all active projects with a team that shows what stage/task each project is at, by task name and planned duration vs. actual duration.

Basically "where's the hold up" type of report.

Thanks,

Wendy

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Wendy -

Not sure how advanced you are in reporting but I have several reports I've created using text mode if you are interested and know your way around text mode reporting. Let me know if you want to code for any of these. 

This one I call a hot sheet and has tasks due by day this week and then shows next weeks tasks

KellieGardner_0-1707240196556.png

This one is just a list of current tasks in a column with the some project columns. 

KellieGardner_1-1707240502657.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi there,

You can go a couple routes with this, including using project milestone paths to indicate what phase of the project is behind. If you're not using milestone paths, that's a whole can of worms you can read about here:
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/reporting/reports/report-elements/use-milest... 
https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/approvals... 

If you want to go with something simpler, I'd create a task report with:
- Filters for project status is Current (or equates with, depending if you have custom project statuses
Task status and any filters for users (i.e. project group = XYZ).
- Can group by project name
- Add columns for task name, probably assignees, planned duration, actual duration, percent complete

Or if you want to go simpler, just filter in tasks that are with a planned completion date of earlier than $$TODAY to pull in past due tasks.

This is just a start, of course there are other filters/groupings/etc. to add to hone in on what you may need.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Employee Advisor

Another idea to think about -- If your task list has predecessors associated, you can add a column to your project report that looks for tasks that "Can Start" which would tell you which one is next in line. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Wendy -

Not sure how advanced you are in reporting but I have several reports I've created using text mode if you are interested and know your way around text mode reporting. Let me know if you want to code for any of these. 

This one I call a hot sheet and has tasks due by day this week and then shows next weeks tasks

KellieGardner_0-1707240196556.png

This one is just a list of current tasks in a column with the some project columns. 

KellieGardner_1-1707240502657.png

Community Advisor

no problem. Let me know if you want any of the text mode. 

Level 5

Could you give an example for one of the day columns, as to how you're comparing the task date to the day of the week? I've been playing around with some combinations of DAYOFWEEK, and TODAY(), but my formula is getting out of hand and I feel like there's probably something simplier I'm overlooking.

Community Advisor

Here you go. 

column.2.displayname=Monday
column.2.sharecol=true
column.2.textmode=true
column.2.value=<div style="color: #ff0000;"><em>
column.2.valueformat=HTML
column.3.displayname=Monday
column.3.listdelimiter=<div>
column.3.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
column.3.sharecol=true
column.3.textmode=true
column.3.type=iterate
column.3.valueexpression=IF({plannedCompletionDate}<$$NOW && {plannedCompletionDate}>$$TODAYbw && {plannedCompletionDate}<$$TODAYew && DAYOFWEEK(CLEARTIME({plannedCompletionDate}))=2 && {status} != 'CPL',{name})
column.3.valueformat=HTML
column.4.displayname=
column.4.sharecol=true
column.4.textmode=true
column.4.value=</em></div>
column.4.valueformat=HTML
column.5.displayname=Monday
column.5.listdelimiter=<div>
column.5.listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
column.5.textmode=true
column.5.type=iterate
column.5.valueexpression=IF(({plannedCompletionDate}>$$NOW && {plannedCompletionDate}>$$TODAYbw && {plannedCompletionDate}<$$TODAYew && DAYOFWEEK(CLEARTIME({plannedCompletionDate}))=2) || ({plannedCompletionDate}<$$NOW && {plannedCompletionDate}>$$TODAYbw && {plannedCompletionDate}<$$TODAYew && DAYOFWEEK(CLEARTIME({plannedCompletionDate}))=2 && {status} = 'CPL'),{name})
column.5.valueformat=HTML

Level 10

And here's yet another way to do this…

This lists the current task number, task name, primary assignee, start and due dates.  Oh, and it's green for easy viewing!

ScreenShot 2024-02-06 at 2.29.13 pm.jpg

displayname=Active Task
listdelimiter=<hr>
listmethod=nested(tasks).lists
styledef.case.0.comparison.icon=false
styledef.case.0.comparison.leftmethod=ID
styledef.case.0.comparison.lefttext=ID
styledef.case.0.comparison.operator=notblank
styledef.case.0.comparison.operatortype=string
styledef.case.0.comparison.righttext=
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.name=bgcolor
styledef.case.0.comparison.trueproperty.0.value=F5FCF7
styledef.case.0.comparison.truetext=
textmode=true
type=iterate
valueexpression=IF({numberOfChildren}=0,IF({canStart},IF({status}="CPL"||{status}="FLG","",CONCAT({taskNumber},") ",{name}," ∆ ",{assignedTo}.{name}," ∆ ","Start: ",{plannedStartDate},"…","Due: ",{plannedCompletionDate}))))
valueformat=HTML
width=200