Expand my Community achievements bar.

Is .story file extension supported?

Level 2

Hi Workfront Community,

Is the file extension .story supported in Workfront? There's a request that has a .story attached to it, and every time we attempt to convert it into a project we get an error message saying that the file cannot be copied. Would be better to change the extension to .zip instead? Thanks in advance for any insights!

3 Replies

Community Advisor

it seems weird that a particular file type not be copyable. If you're an authorized service contact, I suggest you open a case with Workfront Support.

Community Advisor

It does seem weird, @skyehansen...but I'd place a small wager that the root cause might be the length of the .story filetype extension. Interested to find out, once it's resolved...

Regards,

Doug

Level 2

I did submit a ticket with Workfront Support for this. They said the issue had more to do with the file size (8+ GBs) rather than the file extension. The file was too large and was causing the conversion of the request to a project to time out. They suggested using a SharePoint link when the file size is that large rather than adding the file to the request. That's something we'll need to communicate to the requestors for best practice.