Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!
SOLVED

Is it possible to pull a report to see which proof approval workflows are being used and how often? We have a pretty lengthy list of automated approval flows built out and would love to remove any that are not being utilized. Thank you in advance!

Level 5

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Kasey, I think the proof approval workflow used will show up if you just make a column for the "workflow template"?

I don't use proof approvals in my system (I just looked and we have 2) so I'm not the best person to comment past this. But if I had to do something quick and dirty I would pull up a proof approval report and filter for everywhere the workflow template is not blank, and then sort it by that (or maybe even group it if that's available) to figure out which ones are being used. It's a bit manual to then deduce which ones are not being used (maybe someone can come up with an exists statement for that), but if it's a one-time thing, at least you can get that done for this time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 4

Hi Kasey,

I have a question related to yours. While my team controls the workflows, my question is about activity within a proof. I did post it a few weeks ago but didn't see any responses so I figured I'd piggy back off of your question.

When my team locks a proof, they were taught to change all non responders to reviewer so the entire proof goes into one of our selected Approved statuses and turns green before we return it to the designers. .This doesn't help me after the fact because I can't see who didn't open it at all, who opened it and didn't comment or who commented and didn't set their approval status.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

hi Kasey, I think the proof approval workflow used will show up if you just make a column for the "workflow template"?

I don't use proof approvals in my system (I just looked and we have 2) so I'm not the best person to comment past this. But if I had to do something quick and dirty I would pull up a proof approval report and filter for everywhere the workflow template is not blank, and then sort it by that (or maybe even group it if that's available) to figure out which ones are being used. It's a bit manual to then deduce which ones are not being used (maybe someone can come up with an exists statement for that), but if it's a one-time thing, at least you can get that done for this time.