Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Is it Possible to create a report with grouping with "Portfolio", "Project" and "Task List" from each project?

Level 10

Hi

Is it possible to create a report with grouping with "Portfolio", "Project" and "Task List" from each project?

I tried to create a field in custom form for Task/ project / portfolio, then connected that custom form at Portfolio level,

but no success. Does this need to create a calculated field or there could be a simple way to do this?

Best regards,

Kundan.

Sharing expected view of report for your reference;

Report_Portfolio_Project_Task.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, the text mode I sent is only for the 1 grouping of portfolio name. As I said in a couple responses, you need another grouping for project, what I provided above was just for the portfolio grouping. I've gone ahead and built it out more for you to use this:

group.0.iscollapsed=true
group.0.linkedname=project
group.0.name=
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=project
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.0.valuefield=project:portfolio:name
group.0.valueformat=string
group.1.iscollapsed=true
group.1.linkedname=project
group.1.name=
group.1.namekeyargkey.0=project
group.1.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.1.valuefield=project:name
group.1.valueformat=string
textmode=true

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi Kundan, yes. Since you need to get down to a task level, you need a task report. Grouping by portfolio isn't a native grouping in WF since it's too many 'jumps' but you can do it in text mode. Make your task report and add a grouping by Project Name. Then add another Project Name grouping and change it to text mode, then change one of the groupings to project:portfolio:name, like the below:

Level 10

Thank you for your suggestion @Madalyn_Destafney , a great help. However, I tried this to collection projects under each portfolio in Charts, but no success. I thought the details to categories as mentioned earlier, and the chart I can categorise with respect to project name under each portfolio. The report created was Task type report.

Please suggest, if you have any tips for the same.

Mvh

Kundan.

Community Advisor

Hi @Kundanism , here is an example of one of my task reports grouped by portfolio. I suggest you have your report in standard mode grouping with grouping first by anything (bc you'll change it in text mode, so doesn't matter) and then by project name. Then switch to text mode and replace your first grouping (grouping 0) with this text mode:

group.0.iscollapsed=true
group.0.name=
textmode=true

Level 10

HI @Madalyn_Destafney 

Absolutely understand your point, as your recommendation makes complete sense. Although I was trying to make via Chart. No success yet.

Kundanism_0-1667309472710.png

Mvh

Kundan.

info makes 

Community Advisor

To have a chart you have to have it as a grouping first. In your screenshot, you only have a portfolio grouping because that is the only grouping you have. If you add another grouping for Project > Name in your groupings, then you'll see it as an option to group with in your chart.

That's why in my first response above I'm saying to have 2 groupings, first grouping by Portfolio, then by Project. 

Level 10

Sorry to bother you @Madalyn_Destafney . I tried as you recommended, still not showing project name. After that I tried, the text code you shared earlier which is,

group.0.iscollapsed=true
group.0.name=
textmode=true

Still this also shows only portfolio name. ANy thing if I am missing more somewhere.

HIghly appreciate you help in this regard.

Mvh

Kundan.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there, the text mode I sent is only for the 1 grouping of portfolio name. As I said in a couple responses, you need another grouping for project, what I provided above was just for the portfolio grouping. I've gone ahead and built it out more for you to use this:

group.0.iscollapsed=true
group.0.name=
group.1.iscollapsed=true
group.1.linkedname=project
group.1.name=
group.1.namekeyargkey.0=project
group.1.namekeyargkey.1=name
group.1.valuefield=project:name
group.1.valueformat=string
textmode=true