Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Outlook OOO --> Users in Workfront Time Off

Level 2

I've been searching for this and so far, no luck - so while I keep searching, I figured let's ask a question to the hive mind 🙂 

Has anyone solved this need with Fusion and WF and Outlook 365:  Where if a user has their  Out of Office setup in Outlook, Fusion could poll Workfront's user list against the Outlook client.  And if a date is found in Outlook append their Workfront Time off screens?  

My educated guess is this would require too much overhead within Fusion - especially where Outlook has an exponentially larger data set of users than Workfront would have; So, Fusion would need to be the starting point from Workfront and then "ask" Outlook does this user have any days off.  Which leads to a data table to track what days it has already checked.   

Just typing this out makes it seem over complexed.   And I can't connect to the HR system for security issues.    

Again thank you all 

1 Reply

Community Advisor

Hi @JohnSe I agree, that could become overly complex. And it would require your users to use Outlook consistently. I know we have some users who don't remember to put their PTO days in Outlook at all, while I put an hour every day at lunchtime as OOO to try to encourage people to not schedule meetings with me at that time (spoiler alert: it often doesn't work).

Do you use some other application for approval of days off? We use Workday and have created a Fusion integration where once time off is approved there, Workday passes those dates/users over to the users' Time Off calendar - just for those users who role up to a particular manager