Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Introduce Yourself - New!

Employee

Hey everyone!

My name is Kyna Baker and I'm the new Community Manager here at Workfront. I'm starting a new Introduce Yourself thread to bring this to the front of the community again, and to give anyone a chance who has already introduced themselves - but has had a role change or interests change to re-introduce themselves!

My job is to support you, answer your questions, facilitate conversations, help you get to know the Workfront software better, and make this community a cool place for you to visit regularly. I'm really excited to get to know you all personally.

I'd love it if you'd upload a profile picture of yourself and then introduce yourself briefly in the comments below by answering one or all of these questions:

How do you use Workfront?

What would make this community amazing for you?

How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis?

What are you passionate about (other than work)?

What's your favorite joke?

Here's a little about me: I love connecting with people and staying connected. I love to bake and I love to read for an escape- my favorites are fantasy novels - so if you have a suggestion, I'd love to hear it. I know the team here cares about you a lot. If you haven't met us, hopefully you're coming to Leap soon to do some in person networking.

Ok, your turn! Upload that profile picture , and/or introduce yourself! If you don't have a profile picture uploaded, it's super easy!

I'm excited to see all your happy smiling faces on the site!

Kyna Baker

Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

68 Replies

Level 1
Hello everyone, My name is Theresa, I am a Drilling & Completions Tech and Project Analyst for Birchcliff Energy, a Canadian Oil & Gas company. We began our Workfront Implementation in November of 2019. How do you use Workfront? We use it for tracking progress for everything from major projects that span across roughly 8-10 different disciplines and involve ~20-25 people, to smaller projects that only involve one team and 3 individuals. It's a great tool for keeping all relevant parties up-to-date and allows us the flexibility to display useful information at a high level for Mangers or Execs, and a detailed level for those that want to be knee deep in the weeds. We are also building out the option to use it as a data repository for information that was not centrally stored and usually repeated over 10 different spreadsheets. What would make this community amazing for you? I am looking forward to finding and sharing solutions for text mode issues that our team has not yet been able to solve! I would also love to see some examples of how others use the program. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? Too much. Since we're right in the middle of implementation, Workfront is honestly all I do in a day haha. What are you passionate about (other than work)? I love reading, painting, and playing games. I'm currently reading Night Circus, it's phenomenal, I was very close to staying home today from work so I could finish it. What's your favorite joke? What astrological sign would a man with a glass eye have? Gemini. I like cheesy dad jokes and puns hahaha. I look forward to chatting with everyone in the forums, -Theresa Theresa Sutton General Jumpstart Template

Level 2
Hello. My name is Todd Crenshaw. I'm a server applications administrator for Globe Life located in McKinney Texas. We've outgrown our prior project management application and recently chose Workfront as the replacement. As of the writing of this intro I'm just starting to learn Workfront through online and in house training. Kyna asks what would make this community amazing for me - I'd like to see interaction from the Workfront support team to questions that may not be responded to by or responded to correctly by community members. I realize the community is a great resource for solutions (Google is my best support friend), but even the community gets solutions wrong sometimes. Interaction by the Workfront support team may already be occurring. Since I'm new to the community I haven't had time to do much looking - hopefully the Workfront support team is participating. I've found in other application community support systems having the application support team for the application involved is essential in aiding to resolve issues. Currently I spend anywhere from 2 to 6 hours a day in training and configuration of our Workfront system. We are fortunate in that one of our departments has been using Workfront for a couple of years, so we have some in house experience helping us expand it into enterprise use. I'm passionate about my dogs. Since age 15 I've had one or more Black, Yellow, or currently one handicapped Black Lab (Toby dog #7 who as scoliosis) and two Pyrenees Labs (50/50 mix Pyrenees and Black Lab (brothers - Cody #8 and Cory #9)). Don't tell Toby he's disabled, he thinks he's just great, and he is. Favorite joke? I really don't have one, but really liked watching Whose Line Is It Anyway. I hope to be of some help someday to other Workfront users and am looking forward to the interaction here. Sincerely, Todd Crenshaw

Level 2
Hi everyone, I am the Sr DIr of Innovation & Business Development at Globe Life, but I was previously a Certified Workfront Consultant at Bond Consulting Group and we were a partner of Workfront for Over 7 years. I'm currently helping my company expand the use of Workfront from Marketing to support the new EPMO where it will be used to manage our technology investment portfolio. Once it is in place my team will use it to capture new innovation and business development ideas so we can manage them more effectively. How do you use Workfront? - see above What would make this community amazing for you? - valuable insights that help our company get the most of WF How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? - currently about 50% of my time What are you passionate about (other than work)? - my wife & kids, cooking, cycling, golf, and travel What's your favorite joke? - I"m not that funny... Andy Williams

Level 10
Andy Williams...Andy Williams...Now SO good to see you back, my friend! I look forward to catching up soon! Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 2
Hello everyone, I'm John Weiss and I'm the CAD Manager at Follett LLC. I'm also a Workftont administrator. We are new to Workfront and towards the end of our implementation project. Workfront is a little outside of my comfort zone because I've been involved with CAD software and engineering my entire career and this is a bit of challenge for me. Here's some more information about Workfront at Follett. How do you use Workfront? We are going to use Workfront for our engineering change process. The process involves and engineering change request that is routed to our change request board for approval. Once approved, the request is converted to a project and a cross-functional team is assigned to complete the engineering change. What would make this community amazing for you? This is the first time in the community, but I hope it is as helpful as the online communities that I used for CAD software How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? I've been spending a fair amount of time in Workfront because we are nearing the end of our implementation project What are you passionate about (other than work)? my family and yellow lab Koda I look forward to working with everyone in the community. John Weiss CAD Manager (Workfront Administrator) Follett LLC John Weiss Follett LLC.

Level 1
Hi Everyone! Excited to become a part of the Workfront Community. Now for a little about myself. How do you use Workfront? - Implementor/Admin/Project Management and service delivery tool. What would make this community amazing for you? - Making connections to collaborate and networking. How much time do you spend using Workfront on a daily basis? - Workfront is my day. What are you passionate about (other than work)? - Jeeping, outdoors, and great food. What's your favorite joke? - I'm a systems nerd in global payroll and HR, I am not a comedian. =) Looking forward to collaborating! Nate Nathan North Global Upside