Expand my Community achievements bar.

In regards to Portfolios, what are any of the pros/cons on creating one portfolio for your organization vs creating multiple portfolios?

Level 3

We started off creating one portfolio as thought it was best for reporting and keeping all work under one, but as we have matured and grown we have created a couple portfolios and wondering if there are any pros/cons on keeping it at one portfolio vs creating multiple portfolios.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 3

We use Portfolios to represent our Divisions (we even custom name them as such).

So our setup is:

Division

Campaign

Project

Then I created a custom form to capture the Department within the Division that we want to report on. That custom form is attached to all of our templates, and it is mandatory to answer. Hope this info is helpful.

Level 5

We use portfolios by department. That way, the projects/data are segregated, limiting the noise that could be seen if we just had one overarching portfolio. Makes reporting easier as well - if I want to see the data within just our PMO department, I can filter just on the PMO portfolio.