Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

In a report is it possible to label the text of the URL field as specific text instead of displaying the lengthy URL text?

Level 3

I build a report and dashboard that displays the project URL field in the view and I want to show the data in the URL field as specific text instead of the URL text. Our company add the link to the Product brief for the specific project in the Project 'URL' field but when we pull this field into dashboard it takes up quite a bit of space because of the length of the URL. I would like to relabel the hyperlink URL to state 'Product Brief Link' so it minimizes the height of each row on the dashboard. Is this possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Trisha,

Sure, this is possible! The below text mode should do it.

displayname=Product Brief

link.url=String(URL)

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({URL}),"","Product Brief Link")

valueformat=HTML

Best Regards,

Rich

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Trisha,

Sure, this is possible! The below text mode should do it.

displayname=Product Brief

link.url=String(URL)

textmode=true

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({URL}),"","Product Brief Link")

valueformat=HTML

Best Regards,

Rich

Level 2

Hi @Richard Leek‚,

Thank you for your response, that is very helpful. Do you know if something similar would be possible for a calculated custom field on a form?

We use the below calculated field on our users home page to take them to the subtask page of their task's deliverable (the parent.parent task). Currently, the full link displays on the Home pages, but if there would be a way to set a standard string to display instead that would be preferred.

IF(ISBLANK(Parent.Parent.ID),"",CONCAT("https://osu.my.workfront.com/task/",Parent.Parent.ID,"/tasks")) [NOTE: this only works in the new WFE]

Best,

Simon Nabors

Community Advisor

Hi Simon,

This is also possible when referencing a URL from a custom field. You would create a new column in your report and use the following text mode code for that column.

valueexpression=IF(ISBLANK({DE:Custom Field Name That Hosts URL}),"","Your Hyperlink Text")

link.url=customDataLabelsAsString(Custom Field Name That Hosts URL)

textmode=true

valueformat=HTML

displayname=Column Name

Best Regards,

Rich.

Level 3

Thank you Richard, that worked perfectly. Appreciate your time.

Level 1

Does this solution still work in the new WF experience? I'm struggling to get my text to be clickable. Thanks!

Level 3

Yes it does. I actually decided to make my a circle icon instead of naming the url as text so not sure if the text works but I do know you can click Advanced settings for the column and add criteria for it to show an icon that is clickable.