Expand my Community achievements bar.

I want hours logged under Parent Tasks to show on my actual hours in Resourcing. Is this possible or is it a bug with Workfront?

Level 3

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi - If you are an assignee on the parent task, you should be able log hours there.

However, I'm curious what you mean by "showing up in resourcing". I log hours to subtasks and my actual hours appear in Resource Planner and Utilization.

Level 3

Hi, thanks for responding.

The individuals are able to log time under the parent task. The hours show up on my hours report that I pull but do not on Resource Planner and Utilization.

We often assign the parent task to individuals for a cleaner look on the timesheet view. In the example below, if Rachel logs her time in the Late Deposit Correction task on her timesheet it will pull into my Hours Report but then her total is off on the Resourcing Planner View.

Level 10

Based on advice from WF and others, we absolutely avoid assigning users or logging time or expenses to parent tasks.

Level 3

Thank you for your feedback. That is the answer I was expecting. I was hoping to get lucky!