Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Deleted comments in a proof are still showing up in the Email Notification that a final decision has been made.

Level 4

Hi Everyone,

We just had a situation where a reviewer left a comment in a proof and then deleted it a few minutes later. The next day the proof was locked and the creative director received his email notification that a Final Decision was made in the proof. The body of the email shows all of the comments made in the proof, including the deleted comments.

Why do deleted comments show up and how can we change it so they don't?

Thanks!

Linda Kaplan

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Kyna,

We did open a support ticket and heard back today. The answer we received is:

At this time, the deleted comments appearing in subsequent notification emails are currently the intended experience. The intention behind this seems to be mostly for record-keeping, as some customers prefer seeing the deleted comments in these notifications.

Makes sense in theory even though you can go to the Activity Log within a specific proof and see all actions taken within the proof. This isn't a big deal for us. At lease we now know why 😀.

Linda

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi Linda,

This does sound odd! I would recommend this being a support ticket because it sounds like a bug.

Kyna

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi Kyna,

We did open a support ticket and heard back today. The answer we received is:

At this time, the deleted comments appearing in subsequent notification emails are currently the intended experience. The intention behind this seems to be mostly for record-keeping, as some customers prefer seeing the deleted comments in these notifications.

Makes sense in theory even though you can go to the Activity Log within a specific proof and see all actions taken within the proof. This isn't a big deal for us. At lease we now know why 😀.

Linda

Employee

Hi Linda,

Well that's good to know, and thanks for sharing the reasoning you got, I'm sure others had the same question. I'm glad it works for you!

Kyna